Sunday, November 27, 2011

D. V. is still in

Thanksgiving my favorite holiday sadly I noticed more than football was the focus of the days being on sales and shopping. Our culture has turned into a regular business day . In fact the biggest shopping days of the year.There was a time when everybody was off but health care work workers and public servants worked. Lots of kids worked the holiday. In their lives they won't see the problems and error of our focus being so empty and shallow.

Consider James 4:13-17 13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

A big problem we have this great day and as a culture we chose to live in with out God. We can explore untold number of options in our lives and I will be positive here the choices are good choices. Choices I may love to participate with. I love to paintball with Jim and Addison even through I get blasted. I would love to go down the pacific coast with two sisters I know, it would be blast. Nothing beats taking in a mystery at a local theater group
.
Many activities done this weekend are fun and family lifting but they all contain a small problem we leave God our our thinking. In the CBS' Blue bloods Grandpa has a heart attack the son with the biggest responsibilities takes of his day to care for pops. I sister in law joins him. The rest of the family show concern but carry on as usual. I think they erred there. In  the end they are pulled into the meal where a recovering pops gives the blessing.But I was thankful they come to there senses and give God thanks

Include God in your plans. Life  is to short not to. I am off for a senior walk, keep moving...

D.V. all my catholic friends recognize ae Deo Volenta'e  Lots we can do but is it God's wills. Include God in your plans.Off fo a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net