Sunday, August 19, 2018

Watson, bring your revolver...late night rides

Moving along in week 10 I push more in short walks and biking. Short walks came to over 4 miles this week. Many of the walks were for a 1/4 of a mile. My back is able to go a little further. With my CP these days it isn't about walking where I could fall occasionally. Now days I would not be able to pop right back up. My walking program now has to be fall free.
The game's afoot
During my bike time, especially at night I like to listen to mysteries. Many of the modern Sherlock Holmes writers are able to write a good story and keep it in the times of Holmes in the late 19th and early 20th century period. Most writers today writing period stories spend to much time framing the stories with today's sensibilities. For me it is fun reading mysteries written in the times past, with all their strengths and weaknesses.
There are many writers today or in my adult life that are fun read. The key for me are the characters and story. There are stories where I am OK if they all die. I would like them all to be done away. In a story like that, I probably won't get to the end. The digital books from the local library is a good place to try reading new authors. Audiobooks that are well read I really enjoy, sometimes a chapter or two rolls by when I am on my bike. That is true test for me that I am hooked. Keep walking and read something you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net