Thursday, January 22, 2015

New page how to make indoor biking work.

Remember my older friends to check with your doctor before you begin an exercise program. You are always in control of how are you exercise. Walking with the fat Man is all about adapting to who we are. Follow your doctor's advice and take your time to get fit. 
Portable bike
I am incorporating two new strategies into my winter workouts. I have long been a fan of Leslie Sansone's indoor walking programs. Now I've added two different programs using indoor bikes. My exercise bike is an air bike. Besides the pedaling, the bike can move with upper arm movements. The bike is not made for spin classes but right now I'm adapting with it. When the spin class changes intensity I do the same. Another bike that I can use is just pedals that adjusts the resistance. I have a great chair that I use and it creates a recumbent bike. This gives me good back 
If you have a sitting chair with arm
rests this experience is very doable.
support with a comfortable seat. The newer spin and exercise bikes would be improvement, but until I can save up these bikes this will work. The cycle is very portable and flexible, if I move two smaller quarters this device can be very easily adaptable.
Online spin classes are available. You can join a class with interaction and monitoring at a cost or find free ones. These classes vary in amount of time from 20 to 25 minutes to an hour. You can monitor how long you do the class at your own pace. Start out with a shorter time and build up to a longer time and you can control your intensity. If you are fit you can keep up with the class if you are working to get fit you can pace yourself following the beat of the music where you might not be going as fast as the class but you are changing intensity with them. Or if you need to you can slowdown to keep a healthy heart rate. The spin classes are designed for younger people and right now I haven't seen a spin class for older people. But I'll keep looking.
Note how easy it is to step through.
Stability and comfort with a good
workout. We can age with it.
Another way to use your bike is to follow a virtual trail. You can choose different locations and you can control the speed and Power that you need to use your bike. When you're biking out on the street you can put your bike in a lower gear that keeps you peddling easier to keep the motion of biking. On trails I see a lot of people coasting. That's okay for sightseeing and all movement is good. But when you're biking for fitness you want to keep your legs moving, so bikers use their gears to make that happen. Moving slower to go uphill or to just slow down the intensity change gears. The same is true for indoor biking you just keep changing the gears to keep your legs moving and yet have times where are you are simulating traveling on flat land and going up hills.
So far I've noticed in these workouts some of them tell you when to change gears. Others do not but you can follow the music or how you see the terrain change to make those same changes as you would if you were biking. And once again you can't control your time on the bike. If third way indoor biking is used is watching TV or listening to music. I
have done better listening to music than watching TV. I think a recumbent bike would be best for TV
A spin bike, as with all of these
Suggestions look for the bike that
fits your purpose. Bikes come in
different cost so check it out the
Reviews and purchase the best
quality that you can.
watching. This seat is more comfortable. I wonder if TV makes me more lazy?
I have CP and biking outdoors my recumbent bike has been revolutionary. It is made my bike riding more comfortable and easier to move up hills an overall enjoy a faster ride. The three wheels give me the balance support that I need. The technology for bikes and chairs give many more people with disabilities mobility and fitness options.
My outdoor experiences help me understand making the most of indoor options. The advantages of doing these in a class is the socialization and support that you can get. The advantages of doing them at home are one of safety, exercise that your discretion, and convenience. Biking can help circulation, conditioning, muscle and bone strength. What I like about it is another option along with walking that you can do in the wintertime. You can also exercise when it's hot or bad weather. There is also the safety of your home. Adding a virtual class or experience, we're doing it watching TV Or listening to music gives your mind something to think about while walk biking. For me, biking an indoor walking are activities that I can do without falling. 

I came across a bike that allows you to put your laptop on a stand to bike in an office. They have created desks that you can work from standing. Having wanted you can do biking can't help put movement into your day. It will be interesting to see you what people do with this thinking. Well make sure whether by bike, walk, run or swim to keep walking.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a new page on the side menu, how to make indoor biking work in the bad weather. Indoor biking is another way I can get fit without falling.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net