Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cool stuff from the Net

Sarah Haley adapts a burpee 
Today's the day that I look at health news around the net and, I was reading the LA Times. They have besides an article, a video demonstration of an adapted burpee. Sarah Haley who is pregnant demonstrates how to adapt a burpee when pregnant. She uses a chair on a carpet floor and shows for different adaptions you can do. There are harder adaptions if you're one that has been doing burpees and easier movements if the exercises newto you.
I am unable to do a Burpee from the floor due to being older and I having CP. So being the old fat man that I am, I thought to myself, I can adapt this for me. So I went to the counter and tried the movement that Sarah showed on the video. I now have one more exercise I can do for the fat man exercises. You can check out her video and see how you can adapt the movement. Sarah was able to do a burpee from the ground. You always have to know your fitness level and find a safe way to do what you can do.
Climbing El Capitan
Kevin Jorgensen 30, and Tommy Cardwell 36, succeeded in climbing El Capitan in Yosemite national Park in 19 days. There were nights where they climbed using flashlights connected to their heads and they slept in tents that they staked to the walls. They took two years to train for this. They did this using only their hands and feet and safety rope. And tweeted “this is not an effort to conquer. It is about realizing a dream.” The climb is 200 stories and one of the hardest climbs and world. Jorgensen fell 11 times so it goes without saying how wonderful to have a safety rope.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/14/yosemite-free-climbers/21737187/
Challenging yourself is a good part of living. Doing it as safe as you can, that's wise. Carelessness if you live, you will pay for later. Doing these body exercises helps keep my body pain free from arthritis. Particularly squats and push-ups have help my joints. I know that I'm stronger, not as strong as I was in my 20s but I am stronger then I was at 55. Not moving can be very dangerous for us. I was reading how FDR inability to move brought on his premature death. It is too bad he could not have been more open about it and brought in therapy that could've realistically helped him.

I think we all have health or life concerns that it would be better to be honest about it and deal with it as best we could. People like politicians and actors have to be aware of public image. It is one of the reasons why I write, I know I am flawed but I just as well be open about it and move forward. Be encouraged and keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net