Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Having a good day and learning about listening

A Frederick Remington Painting
Today has been a beautiful day outside. Nice blue sky, about 21° a good temperature for this time year. I have been sitting in the sunshine doing all the good things for a healthy day. Before I got up at 7:45 this morning I thought through what I would like to do today. I got up got a couple coffee and listened to a nice devotional from Radio Bible Class. Visited Facebook and twitter and then went for a mile walk. Had another couple coffee, read my newspapers, got up for three fitness routines. As I had a yogurt with three servings of fruit. 
I don't know about you but I have to take several medicines. One thing that I have learned is that if you drink a lot of water after you take the medicines it helps your body to processed the medicines and your liver. So what without really given it much thought I have a huge mug of water that I sip on during the morning. 
Back to my good day, every half hour so I've been getting up using my body exercises and suspension training. After lunch I will go for another mile walk and do a little flexibility. The afternoon for me will I will take up writing and texting since it seems very few people really want you talking to them on the phone. Let me know if you like me to call you. It would be more unique if I could take a blanket and smoke and send you an Indian messages, the very few people speak in the old languages.
The Boy Scouts still teach to send smoke signals. Three short puffs mean you are in trouble in wilderness. It also can be seen by others that you are there, so be prepared.
The Wall Street Journal had an interesting article on improving your listening skills. Truth was, I had to read the article twice to understand it. My reading wasn't listening too good. I think the main thing is to turn off all distractions and turned to the person you're listening to like your spouse and say and feel, "I care about you I want to hear what you say." It is been my experience in marriage I am not always the easiest listener. And poor Barb she has heard my rantings for years. 
http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-active-listening-makes-both-sides-of-a-conversation-feel-better-1421082684?tesla=y&mg=reno64-wsj
My Greek studies have never been better. The resources on the Internet had just blown me away. In the Greek New Testament there are just over 5000 words that you have to learn. If you learned the most occurring 300 words you have learned 80% of the New Testament. The remaining 20% now that can be a challenge. But I think is doable. I have read several places where language study can really be good for the aging brain. Would you like to learn Klingon, or the languages of the Lord of the Rings. Or maybe you would settle for something like French, Spanish, or Chinese. There are tools available today that can make this a good thing.
By the way did you know that the Klingons have their own Bible.

We have a new soup recipe in the crock pot today. It fills the room up with a great aroma. Just so you know since I need to work on my phone skills you can call me anytime. If I'm sleeping I won't hear you probably but I would be glad to hear from you. Well, it's time for lunch and a walk and then some writing. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net