Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bill whom Jesus loved

I am in the last stages of my study on the life of Christ as a walker. And I was observing comments on John 20: 1-10. Today I was paying attention to the movement of the disciples to and from the tomb and the pace they took. At this point, I have my questions and observations. But I will try to discover the distance that they travel. The women going to prepare the body probably walking a normal pace. After they see the evidence of grave clothes left in a position as if a body pass through them, not unwrapped they would've hurry I think the pace of the jog to run tell the disciples. John and Peter run to the tomb, I believe a little faster pace, with the younger John easily outrunning Peter. 
Two thoughts came through the study for me today. The KJV gives us the way John is identified in the gospel as “the other disciple, whom Jesus loved," J Vernon McGee notes any one of us could use that description for ourselves. “the other disciple, whom Jesus loved," For example,“Bill, whom Jesus loved,” “Your name, ___________ whom Jesus loved”. Try it see how it feels on you. Use it in a closing of a letter or e-mail or in a posting on Face book or twitter. How does it make you feel? Pretty cool Uh.
Has someone passed on, use the phrase with their name. What do you think and feel about that? You can own the phrase by putting your faith in Jesus as your Savior. 
The second observation I made may not be a spiritually significant but as far as walking goes it has it's own motivation. I noticed after the discovery that Jesus burial clothes laid as if the body passed through it, not unwrapped. At this point Jesus hadn't appeared to tot the disciples yet, But after they made this discovery they ran and walked aerobically. Their pace was influenced by their observations that Jesus could have arisen. Referring to yourself as the one whom Jesus loved may quicken your pace.
Keep walking


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net