Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Note the little things

When my shirt dries I go back in the
water, great way to stay cool on the Gulf
I was reminded last night if someone follows me and Twitter to notice the little things in life. It is easy to go through life and you realize little things were actually the important things. Life had a lot of opportunities to observe a lot of things in my time so I really have little regrets about this. It is true my favorite photograph about me was made 39 years ago. I can go back to the location and put on a similar outfit with the loose fitting backpack, canteen, hunters knife but it wouldn't be the same. My hair is gone, I am heavier, my face is weathered and I am sure the location is changed as well. 
But that's not the point about noticing the little things, it is really about today. The therapist leaning a little bit into the new age may say be mindful, be in the moment. Jesus long time ago reminded us worry about today, tomorrow will have its own problems. Of course there something about now, wherever we find ourselves. Living the now probably will give us the greatest satisfaction. 
Today I really enjoyed my quiet time and Bible study. I have been looking at the book of Job.
Little things are sometimes easy
I was listening to an introduction by Dr. Ken Boa. Last week I was listening to a introduction to the book by Dr. Wayne Styles. But really what made their inductions' so good was reading Job and developing my own my own outline or overview. I have read and studied Job before, but I did not read it or study it when I was depressed or recovering from depression. In my mind, I recalled an old professor who was depressed and I saw him in the library poring over scholarly Studies of Job but I feared it didn’t do him any good. He was a WWII vet who had part of his skull replaced due to a bomb exploding. I took upon myself to take an interest in him and invite him to dinner. I also talked to other students about adopting him and in one of the tables in the student center where married students love the banter. I got them to include the old professor in the crazy debates. From what I could see he really liked it. 
back when I was crunch
not munch
What I told myself from these experiences was that I would never studied Job or dark subjects if I was at a place of depression. But I am now five years down the line from my recovery from depression and I feel like I'm in a good place to look at the book. Down the road I will share my insights with Walking with Job. 
There are a lot of important stories to be aware of in a news these days. And I'm glad for online newspapers and reporting to see what's happening. The Internet truly brings the world right in view. In the middle of my Studies and surfing the net I am my exercise equipment right at hand and I can walk, workout, climb stairs, give my old man exercises working in moment throughout the day. I also have my share chores around the house that I look at as keep the body moving. Of course it has another for practical outcome with my wife loving the idea that I’m pitching in. 
Around here it is actually a nice day and worth spending some it outside. 

Finally, I am in the process of writing several books. I have the time to do these things now and for me there's little bit of fun in it. And there you have it part of the life of the fat man walking. My mind is alive and engaged and looking at now it looks pretty good. Tomorrow who knows? Well time for me to get moving and keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net