Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Out for a jog.

Biking continues but now I am added a summer goal. In a few weeks I will be swimming and I'm looking forward to that. My summer goal is the be able to indoor jog for 20 minutes. I started out doing for minute jogs 3 to 4 times a day. Now I am doing seven minutes at least twice a day. I started with the minute warm-up walking in place then I start to jog. Every minute I do a squat, push up, or stretch. Then I continue doing the jogging. The biking has helped. 
When I write now I dictate a page standing up. Along with strategies like this I do therapeutic exercises to strengthen my back core. 
If the running is too much for me I will make the goal indoor walking. But I really want to fight back. Keep walking

1 comment:

  1. Good goal Bill. Even though I'm a walker, I do include some jogging as long as my knees don't scream too much. For core I just started using a rowing machine. I've never use one before now but am finding I really like it and it is a great workout for core - exercises many muscles including back. Never have been a "gym" guy but recently joined the rec center (gym) at the university where I work and simply decided to give the rowing machine a try.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net