Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy father's day, think three good thoughts...

Ok I think we all would have liked the name Liam
Today in a few minutes will be Father's Day hear in the United States. For 364 days everybody in America shoots down the dad. Poor old dad takes a beating at work, comes home and everybody is down on him. Poor guy can't even watch a comedy without being the brunt of the joke. You can't say nothing about anybody else, but everybody can take a pot shot at the old man. Political correctness is a one-way street for men. 
Liam my grandson
But for one day year, people sort of take the gloves off and they share a little kindness to the old man. But even there, they might say something like this, “Dad, I forgive you and I hope you have a good day.” Now read that last line and give it your best Jack Nicholson impersonation will you sweetheart. If your dad is still living put away the axe. This week think of three reasons a day why the old man ain't all that bad. In fact, I would go one further visit the old man as often as you can. Each time you see him, just tell him one of the things you came up with. 
When nobody's looking you will be surprise when you think of the things he's done for you. 
If by chance he's gone like my father is gone from my life these past 21 years, think of three things you're glad the old man past your way.
Here are my three:
  1. Thanks for the sacrifice of working two jobs so I could put my heel on the floor.
  2. Thanks for coming home after work and playing a game of catch.
  3. Thanks for telling me about the bad guys and to watch for danger.
  4. Thanks for taking me to a Cub game, not only to see the Cub greats, but Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, Maury Wills,…
Oh did I give four… there you go

Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net