Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Resolutions - Don't expect perfection

One thing I discovered this year was an improved attitude and experience at work. For years I dreaded going to work as I saw my job as a failing life's expectations and part of being trapped in Joliet. Most mornings I had a dread of going to work.As insomnia set in and later depression set in my work phobia got worse. One of the things I addressed in therapy was to accept work as is being thankful to have a job particularly in times like these. The second thing I did was end the debate in my head and consider it as part of the lies of depression. The perseveration over it was getting me nowhere. The last thing I did was to forget the title of job and live in the moment using my skills and education to help students and teachers.

With work no longer being a daily grind and complaint I have more energy and enthusiasm. Moving what I learned at work forward to other areas of my life, I plan to live in the moment with my friends on face book and friends in life. #1 resolution be better on the phone, text messages and find other ways to make and build friends. Resolutions are funny in that we tend to not keep them. Maybe we expect to do so perfectly. One failure and we quit. So in my quest to make more friends I don't need to be perfect.

Walking with the fat man, I am back to walking. Each day my fitness improves. Resolution time. I resolve to walk aerobically 250+ times this year. Roughly 5 times a week. I resolve to do calisthenics 156 times or 3 times a week:
Push ups, sit ups, squats, and a few routines with tubes. Example work on rotator cuffs and some upper body moves.
With fitness I plan to use my total gym and weights twice a week or 104 times. Maybe that will become three time a week. Finally stretching twice a day, with other fitness routines and work on flexibility. There is a routine from Dr. Oz that works with movement and flexibility that also deals with stress I hope to work with.
How about working on losing weight? 50lbs. sounds good. Any lost weight is a win.

All of these resolutions are reasonable. Combined my body will be in motion. If I fall short a little there are a lot of things to pick me up. For example a calisthenic and two workouts with my equipment works. One week four walks and another 3 walks works and most of the them 5 walks works. Throw in some days at the zoo, art museum, swimming in the ocean it all adds up.

Diet 80% good works. How about work for 90%. If I actually do 87% lets see where we are at. Perfection that is not me, never has been but then who is perfect? Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net