Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lonely this Holiday - You do not have to be alone

One of the websites I regularly visit is a blog by Wayne Styles. Read his blog on Dealing with Holiday Loneliness.  http://waynestiles.blogspot.com/ I had my devotions in the Scriptures he shared.

 Holidays can be a lonely experience for many of us. Family members are no longer with us and for one reason or another we find ourselves alone which can be painful during the holidays. I would encourage you to pray for new friendships but right now you may be alone.

 Jesus on His walk to His baptism I believe was alone for the walk. From the baptism to His temptation I know He did by Himself. We have a Savior who experienced loneliness and its pain and Hebrews 4:15 encourage us who are alone. “For we do not have a high priest incapable of sympathizing with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in every way just as we are, yet without sin. Jesus was alone for this walk but alone can be an opportunity to fellowship with God. There are things we learn and experience when we are hurting that we can embrace. David had just the same experience as He was being chased by Saul and the Philistines. He was alone when he wrote of His experience in Psalms 142:3-7.

 3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path.  In the way in which I walk they have secretly set a snare for me. 4 Look on my right hand and see, for there is no one who acknowledges me; Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul. 5 I cried out to You, O LORD: I said, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living. 6 Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I. 7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise your name; the righteous shall surround me, for You shall deal bountifully with me.” NKJV

Styles writes, “In Hebrew, the word You stands emphatic, meaning only God truly understood David’s pain. From the depths of this cave, David cried aloud, “You are my refuge” (Psalm 142:5)…So when we feel alone—and I mean really, really alone—we must cling to the Lord’s promises that He will never abandon us . . . never fail us . . . and never forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:8; Matthew 28:20; John 14:18).”

Down the road open yourself up to new friendships. Find a church where people are friendly and supportive. Note Psalms 142:7b “the righteous shall surround me, for You shall deal bountifully with me.” Today on your walk embrace your time of aloneness to know God better and make God your refuge.

Tomorrow and each day reach out and make new friends. We don't have to live alone. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net