Monday, December 12, 2011

Nobody likes to hear another's misery

In blogging I am probably doing the worse thing. Nobody likes to hear real complaining. When I shared my surgery I discovered most people didn't want to hear the wonders of the details. Person after person I watched the body language as they were saying, "that's great Bill, but I got to go!" I was thrilled to have survived but in health you can give too much information. They would listen out of courtesy but I soon wore out my welcome. I get it, yet here I go again.

For me the blog is attempt to learn how write in an interesting and informative way about a passion I have to walk for better health and encourage others to do the same. For several years I was able to walk daily and could see the difference. This spring and  summer I had health issues with mental health and eye health. In getting treated for insomnia, anxiety and depression my walking was all part of the treatment. With my eyes it was a different matter as I had to become less mobile to heal my eyes. Then in late fall I get hit with viruses that I may be starting to recover.

Writing of my experiences, I hope to connect with people who really have problems that have changed their lifestyles. Can we get back on our feet? Most fitness programs are based on making our bodies feel better but the core making our bodies look better to improve our sexual lives. When you are in your 20's and thirties it sort of makes sense. You are just a little out of shape and you still look young enough to be attractive to somebody, at least in theory. When you look at those ads you picture yourself as you becoming this image of sexuality. For me somehow I missed the boat. My body never did look like it it did in high school and college. I was able to play basketball and tennis into my forties competitively but I never did look like those ads. In my forties and fifties I was fit enough to walk in the hills and mountains. I loved to swim and could swim a mile.  Despite all my effort as I aged so did my body look like it did too.

Fitness also has another message that got through to me. Fitness helps you feel better and keeps you moving as you age. It can actually help against the things that kill us. Things like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Get involved with healthy food and sound medical advise and doing these things can help you in the fight of life. I am now aboard, but the seas are not always smooth. Friends of  mine are battling heart disease, I have high blood pressure. They are also battling cancer and some even diabetes. Me my eyes have chronic problems that won't go away but I have discovered how easy flues, colds can really put you down for to long of time. Lately my experience has been filled with thew things that wear us down.  Not exiting stuff but rather ordinary and a bit boring.

Day to day isn't that what we deal with. Little things that add up to us getting off track and like winter we tend to retreat. But in retreating we become more sedimentary and our health tales a toll.

Today cold still in place, I did an indoor walk which got me breathing deeper and blood flowing and muscle moving. My heart got a workout. I broke into a sweat, you know the kind you have with a virus. After wards I stretched and drank a cup of hot tea. I know the seas aren't smooth and the waves are little rough, but out of the ordinary boring part of life we all faced I did something to say yes to life and health. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net