Thursday, July 28, 2016

Even retirees need a vacation

There is a face of a lucky man
Our vacations can help us with our health. Many people choose to do a vacation where walking, swimming, biking are part of the vacation. My cousin Rich and his son Hunter walked part of the Appalachian Trail on their vacation. Their walk was quite a workout at times. When you share a hard walk you build memories that will last forever. One late night, a bear walked right near their tent. They will never forget the sounds of footsteps as the bear walked by. Bears are always bigger in life encounters then what you see the zoo.
On my vacation there walks every day. My walks for shorter but they also included a daily swim. I did some swimming but mostly I ran around. The water exercises allowed me to really stretch out my muscles. As you get older and flexibility becomes a problem get into the water and move. In the gulf due to the salt content I am able to be in deep water moving my arms I'm running in place. I have my T-shirt and Straw hat to help protect me from sun as well as a good layer of sunblock. I can do this activity for a couple hours. Slept like a baby.
Walking the Appalachian Trail my cousin and son,
Hunter and Rich Reeves - awesome
On my list of workouts that I can do will be water resistance. 
I have my exercise bands with me was able to do four workouts. In the second week on the beach I took short walks each day. By the end of the week they were just a little bit longer. It was very hot in Florida and some of my medicines don't like to heat. There were days were aged indoor walks. I am a goal this summer to do 20 minutes. 
This sunset is for you
In two weeks in the airport I was able to do much better. Walking and breathing normal was significantly better. Vacations can be a plus to get moving again.
In the two weeks I was able to improve my bond with my grandkids. My granddaughter every day sought me out and we played together. Both of them came to me when they wanted something their parents had prohibited. We had a little fun within limits.
Barb and I listened to audio books as the sunset turned into dark. Visited some of our favorite restaurants. Being surrounded by family was really good even in record heat in Orlando. Give me the ocean any day to the work it takes to move in the amusement parks.

Keep moving and walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net