Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The fat did spin biking

Yesterday I was reading an article about a young woman who was doing spin classes in her home. The classes go for three months. She would miss the benefits of the social contact of the class but since she doesn't quite fit the profile of who you actually see in classes, she may be more comfortable. Spinning uses indoor bikes to beat of music to change speed intervals as the class bikes for my half hour to an hour.
Lately I have added online learning to my activities. It is another good way to use the computer and in retirement a great way to take classes. I use an indoor exercise bike so I thought why not apply a spin class to my use of it. It would make the exercise more aerobic and more interactive with the music and people in the video. So I checked on my browser online videos and check out one website that I thought had good programs.
It did not take long to see that these spin programs are challenging. My own conditioning is not on par with the participants. The type of bike I use is not the same. So it's time to modify. I found the music helpful as well as interval training. They would speed up I would speed up, they would recover I would recover. Recovering is this just a little bit slower speed. My pace was a little slower but to me I was working up a sweat. I biked for about 25 minutes. While I was biking I was practicing exhaling and resisting taking shorter breaths. This is a way runner breathes. I'm going to try to do it every other day give my body a chance to recover. I think it's a good way to do an aerobic activity similar to running only without the falls. Next time I'm going to check out spinning for older adults.
I have been encouraged my heart doctor to pursue better fitness. One of the things that you have to do is monitor yourself and stay within a safety zone.

There're many ways to walk with the fat Man. You can walk, swim, bike, spin, jog. Doing different things works your body different and give you the benefit aerobic activity that's good for your heart, blood sugar, and immune system. Besides a better living it helps as fight heart disease, Diabetes, and cancer. Keeps walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net