Monday, December 8, 2014

Old wires need replacing, make new ones

Today looking at my blog I came across one of the blogs I follow written by Wayne Stiles. Wayne has a passion to bring in a layer in Bible study connected to the land of the Bible. To see the places were the events took place adds a dimension to our study of the Bible. There is a lot of work goes in to reading the Bible for profit. We have Bibles that are translated into modern English or other languages so that weekend read God's thoughts in the language that our mind works. 
Wayne brought to my attention a link from classes I could take from the Internet from Dallas theological seminary. Now I know that walking an exercise are the best thing to keep our brains growing but to take on the challenge to keep learning and building new wires as the old one sort of fadeaway is a good thing to do when we get older.
Follow link for more information, http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=463e57a6fcf34555adb711b92&id=d6497a5023&e=3d6339e09e
As we get older we have so many pathways and we can keep track of them anymore so it is always a good idea to build new ones. That's are saying better then as we get older we lose our marbles. In retirement we can set new goals and activities. There really are a lot of opportunities that we can getting involved and make our life more interesting.
Went for walk this morning and then I checked out a couple of those classes. Around noon I went ahead and do the strength workout using my countertop, bands and resistance training program. Now I'm waiting for Barbara get home but I feel real good. There is just something about exercise or a good walk that pays dividends throughout the day.

Read a couple articles from the newspaper they got my juices going. It would be so easy to rant and rave right now. But I decided to write something positive instead. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net