Sunday, November 9, 2014

Unwanted things OK, but live anyway

What is it about a pipe and
thinking. 
We are halfway through fall and it reminded me of how great it is to walk this time of year. The sun was shining this afternoon and it was refreshing to see the lakes on our walk. The water was rich blue. I am getting the timing down on my walking with the cane where it is there if I need it and not for weight-bearing. My goal is to have my gate remain the same, as if I wasn't walking with a cane. In the 19th century people use walking sticks rather commonly. I think my make over would be complete, all I need is pipe and the game is a foot.
I was basking in the sun earlier. Now is a good for making vitamin D and bone health it also is good for seasonal mood problems. Brief times in and the sun can be healthy.
With the ability to take notes audibly with my phone I have been recording various quotes from books I've been reading. It's kind of fun recording things that you think are significant. You run the risk that nobody else thinks of it as significant but, the road to travel is your own anyway.
Years ago I started reading Robert Parker and the Spencer series, thanks to the acting of Robert Urich and Avery Brooks. Parker has a lively wit and he also  brings in a character who covers the plot from a shrink point of view. In the Jesse Stone series the shrink is an ex-cop, Dix. He is a crusty character who delivers Bob Parker one-liners. Therapy for Jessie Stone is a slow process. Change is hard for Jessie and I think that's the way it should be. "Why is this so hard?" The quote below was when the two of them hit a wall. 
“'Unresolved feelings don’t resolve themselves. Just because you shove unwanted things into the attic doesn’t mean they aren’t still there.’ Man, he especially hated those rare occasions when Dix would get folksy or metaphorical.” Bob Parker’s Jesse Stone 

Whatever the unwanted things are it is different for each of us. That usually only come out when something is painful or hard to deal with. We don't want them but there they are. I am beginning to think therapy is like me losing weight. It is hard to do and if it was easy this would've been a short blog. Put in the big picture doing things that are good for my heart is a day by day thing. Whatever the struggle is in “unwanted things” are or weight life goes along with it. Embracing today in-house remodeling, sitting on the porch, going for a walk, enjoying the evening meal and a ride in a car all became part of life embrace today. Simple stuff, Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net