Thursday, November 6, 2014

“Should dead people be allowed to vote?” Term limit biodegradable graves

If I was allowed a marker
I was thinking today of the wonderful privilege we have as Americans to vote without fear of intimidation. Many places in the world voting is force and people are intimidated. When I lived in Liberia's there was one party on the ballot. Many people voted and the count was always unanimous and in this it seem like everybody was happy. Backed then Liberia was ruled by 15 families along the coast. 
We still have places like Chicago or Florida whom there are people in the graveyard still vote. Which brings up an interesting question, “Should dead people be allowed to vote?” I am absolute in saying my father-in-law would've voted Democratic. My grandmother would've voted straight Republican. Since they are still property owners with their graveyard plots don't they still keep their right to vote. We even know what party they would vote for. In places where the dead vote they may have been forced to vote for the  opposite party. Surely we should try and be fair and let the dead vote for the party of their choice. They were people of conviction, they knew why they were voting, they have principles. Today if you asked many people why they're voting they come up with pretty vague answers. They don't know what the candidates believe, they couldn't tell who the vice-president is, whose governor might be, let alone a congressperson. And a judge they would have no idea unless they appeared in the court. But the dead people I mentioned knew names, read the newspapers, follow the speeches and were quite vocal and fervent about there beliefs. 
There may be some of you actually think I'm serious and may say surely I am unconstitutional in my thinking. The great legal minds of our day have pointed out how hard it is to understand the Constitution. The constitution can read in less than an hour so after I write this piece I will see if it is actually legal to vote when you are dead. Pretty soon in America you'll be able to voted home and there will be no way to monitor who votes for who. At a polling place you have the privacy of booths. My wife and I vote together but the beautiful part is many times we voted different. I have to admit that I thought she was wrong until she tells me things that I never read or looked at then I have is sickly feeling of oops. Barb’s grasp of detail has always been better than mine. 
I've voted this week and I know I have friends and family who voted differently. Do I think they were wrong, sort of. That's the American way. Do I have to know or demand agreement with their vote? Absolutely not.
John Adams and Thomas Jefferson we're kindred spirits when they wrote the Declaration of Independence. Politically later in life they totally disagreed with each other. Politics severed a great relationship. These two great minds work against each other. I don't think I'm too far wrong in their regrets of the loss of their friendship. To their dying day which was the same day, July 4 1825 they were thinking of each other. We owe a lot to these men. 
I favor friendship over politics any day. The struggle of the American experience will continue long after I am dead. Some lowlife will put me in a Cardinal hat or White Sox hat and have me voting for a lessor lowlife from under the daisies or recycled graveyard. I am all for no chemicals in the body and give me a thousand insects in my biodegradable casket to assist me in a fast return to the earth. Then 50 or hundred years rototill the whole grave for reuse. That way there is a natural term of limit of my vote in death. 

Glad if you voted. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net