Thursday, October 23, 2014

Battle of the sexes - wouldn't have it any other way

Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn cross wits in
Woman of the Year
The battle of the sexes seems to me to be in focus right now for the midterm elections. While the politicians will manipulate the picture, I have always looked at the battle of the sexes as kind of fun. As a teenager I became a big fan of Katherine Hepburn. In watching her films she matches wits with their male counterparts about as good as anybody. Many of her comedies had that theme and sexual tension which was a lot of fun. In real life and in the movies, Spencer Tracy became her partner and they battled wits from the get-go. For us it transformed into movie  magic.
And girls being girls in guys being guys still is amazing even today. I am nowhere near to understanding the female gender then I was 40 years ago. I still get surprised about everyday and I'm okay with it. There is so many strengths for us being who we are. We can bring our differences to a job, a family, or a relationship. Most of my life I worked for females and appreciate their strengths. 
In health guys and girls are different. In fitness they trained differently and would do well to learn from one another. Men for example could learn to be more flexible and become better walkers and train their lower bodies. Women could have more resistance and work out their upper body with the same intensity they do their lower body. Both men and women can benefit from lean muscle in aerobic fitness. Increase flexibility becomes more important as we get older.

Probably in both men and women they will exercise according to their own perspective and needs. It is who we are. As long as we are moving I'm good. Tip of the day, enjoy the humor of being different and above all, be kind. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net