Sunday, March 2, 2014

Inspirational and humor on aging

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of; the tree is the real thing." Abraham Lincoln
"I don't have a problem with birthdays," Wanda Sykes told Ellen DeGeneres last spring. "I have a problem with things falling apart!"
"I asked George Burns, who lived to be 100, if he would write whatever retire, and he said, to what? What would you do?" Billy Crystal
"When I find myself living in the past, I  snap an imaginary rubber band on my wrist. It works. The alternative is Sunset Boulevard, where I sit in a darkened room and Eric von Strohoem enters and asked me what episode of the Bob Newhart show I like to watch today." Bob Newhart
AARP magazine, this month
A Grizzly Conversion -“A priest, a minister, and a rabbi want to see who’s best at his job. So they each go into the woods, find a bear, and attempt to convert it. Later they get together. The priest begins: “When I found the bear, I read to him from the Catechism and sprinkled him with holy water. Next week is his First Communion.” “I found a bear by the stream,” says the minister, “and preached God’s holy word. The bear was so mesmerized that he let me baptize him.” They both look down at the rabbi, who is lying on a gurney in a body cast. “Looking back,” he says, “maybe I shouldn't have started with the circumcision.” Submitted by Mitchell Hauser Reader's Digest, this joke had a 65% approval
To be fair I always loved the line by Mel Brooks, "'The Inquisition' what a show!" 
With myself I have always notice many things I think God taught me with humor. Maybe not with a punchline and a drum roll, but I still find things funny. have you ever noticed in the hospital humor people find about the the health problems they face. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net