Friday, March 14, 2014

Before I forget...

Pictures of sunset of the sea of Galilee. Today has a feel of spring. A great day for the snow to melt hooray! I know there's snow in the forecast sometime next week, but I'm going to remain hopeful that spring will be here soon. This year it's going to take me a while to get into the walking. I've been kind of housebound a little too long. Next winter I think I'm in I am going to have to rethink how to deal with the snow and stuff.
I bought exercise mat a few weeks ago and I find it real easy on the knees. It's easy to go through a lot of floor exercises to add them to my other routines for full body workout. 
What do you do for mental work out. Scientists have suggested that when we get older our brains get too full of stuff. We have a way of always rerouting our thoughts and our memories to make new connections. It looks like we will be able to include in our blood work test about different types of dementia. That's good because we really don't have great insight if we're going to get it and it doesn't seem to be one of the things that were able to do is to be able to see it coming. If we can get a warning that it may be arriving, there's things that they can do to slow it down or prevent it for a while. Early detection seems to be a good idea.
Can we keep our brain healthier by walking, by eating healthy food, by doing the things are good for our heart. When we walk, we actually use our brain like if we were doing a crossword puzzle. Our brain gets a work out by moving and taking in the experience around us.
I have always wanted to learn Spanish, and get a better handle on my Greek studies so I'm going to devout part of my day during the week to learning these things. Learning new things, developing new connections in my brain why not.
I am reading the next Longmire book, Steamboat. There's also a couple of the books I've been reading and enjoying. It's fun to read at night.
No the thought of worry about our mental state that can't be a good idea. But there are a few things that we can do that can be good for us. I sure like listening to Pandora while I read. It helps create a nice atmosphere listening to different styles of easy music. Sometimes it's kind of fun sitting out enjoying the outside listening to whatever music I like to hear the time. It's just one more way that you can use the Internet and these things can be good for us. It's a good way to relax and unwind. One of the stations I created is 100 instrumental hymns, and Pandora plays a lot of music that I like to hear about the words and it's a way of helping me relax and think about good things while I read or just waiting to doze off to go to sleep.
Take time to count your blessings. Find something to laugh about, say positive things, smile look at things in a good way; all seem to be something very good for our brains. One thing I find funny to laugh at is all the things I forget. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net