Tuesday, July 23, 2019

peddling along

A summer day in the '70s, I'll take it. I went for a very long bike ride. On my Liberty bike peddling is not hard at all. I kept my bike at the lower speeds cruising along at 7 miles an hour. Going up inclines I put the power up a notch or two. I wore my sun shirt and it was perfect. Along the way, an elementary girl was selling lemonade like in the old days. I took a second look and said to self, "I got to stop." The drink was cool and I threw it in the basket when I was done.
I am still in the game with my app to lose weight. The one thing I noticed is how easy it is to regain the weight. Vacation I stayed pretty close to the target and I got a lot out of swimming every day. I still enjoy swimming in the Gulf. I think I was quite a sight with my hat, sun shirt. In the water it all worked, no burn, no tan swimming was easy.
Listening to The Grey Mask written by Patricia Wentworth 1928 of a retired school teacher now investigator mostly of thefts. The reader with a British accent sets the
mood for the mystery. Always nice to go back in time without the writer rewriting history to make it fit today's trends and sensibilities. The time period goes back to when my parents were born. My paternal grandparents were in their 20's. My maternal grandparents were a little older. My grandfather Criss would have been 43 and Grandma Criss would have been 30. Before the depression and after WWI. Just imagine if they had the live photos you can take today. To see them in animation. The book was popular in its day and like many novels, we read a different place, people of money different from our own. I enjoy audible books.
My Florida book this year was a Jack Reacher novel. Nothing like a hero who can do anything he wants to defend or get justice and keep moving.
Finished my month with Dr. Roy Zuck devotions on Ecclesiastes. In Devotions for Kindred Spirits the month of May, Dr. Zuck challenge me to rethink the book in a more positive message. A life lived with God pondering life's difficulties or a life without God leading to its own consequences.
Summer cool to experience. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net