Wednesday, January 10, 2018

When sick what helps you?

Wouldn't you know it, minutes after I finished writing the last blog, I became chilled, and noticed my bones were aching. Within a couple hours I became aware that I was fighting some kind of virus. For the next few days were miserable. It did not help that I was thinking I caught some bug from the hospital and other possible conspiracies. So with a prayer and the positive thought that I'll get through this. Sleep, fluids, music and various soups I was on he mend. 
Recovering I found my recumbent bike helpful to relieve muscle pain from too much resting. I put the resistance on the
lowest level and I just peddled for a 20 minute ride each day. No sweat just moving my legs to stimulate the blood flow. Listening to an audio book was perfect.
As I was getting better I found sleep to be easier. It seems like when we're sickest sleep is harder for me. While I was taking fluids I would practice my relaxation breathing. An audiobook, music or comedy would distract my thinking and keep me more relaxed to keep the fluids down. Relaxing helps the automatic nerve connections to the stomach and body less stressed. 
When I was at the sickest point, it was really cold outside. Thank God for our comforters and living space that allows us to be warm. 
It feels good to feel good. Yesterday I was really able to get a good workout biking. I really like the intensity training using various speeds and resistances.
How do you get through the bugs especially in winter? We know a lot more about keeping our immune system healthy which we really need number sick. But a virus can really run us down. But back to the basics, faith, sleep, fluids and easy to digest food that helps us mend. 

Good to keep walking 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net