Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Challenge my walking

Today I walked 20 minutes by walking two 8 minute walks and one 4 minutes walk. Last night I rode my recumbent bike at a good pace at a top speed for the bike for 20 minutes. I felt pretty good moving intensity in the first 3 levels. I am for the moment without my foot brace so the bike is a cool way to move. 
Moving around the country today checking out the heath sections I learned a new movement I can do sitting at my desk, Leg raises from a desk chair challenged the tightness in my CP. Having CP gives me a preview of challenges we will all face as we get older. Muscle strength, flexibility and range of motion. Having muscle strength gives us a better chance to keep doing things for our selves. Flexibility and range of motion expands our ability to move with a side benefit of decreased pain in the joints. 
Walking right now I am challenged with. It is easy to give up on it, but that is not me. I read
From LA near the city are great walks
an article four 15 minute walks are just as good for the body as a one hour walk. If you are walking at a 20 minute pace that is 6,000 steps. If you walk at a 15 minute pace per mile that is 8,000 steps. If you walk two miles an hour that is 4000 steps. We are close to this when we go to the zoo, store, museum, a romantic walk on the beach. When I did day field trips I walked anywhere from 5,000 to 8,000 steps. I did a field trip with Dee Moore in Chicago with the kids and did 9600 steps. If you know Dee she is a fast and active walker, hard to keep up.

Taking frequent breaks for exercise make me feel better.  Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net