Friday, April 21, 2017

Virtual travel to Israel, walking the dog

Emphasis today is on is on strength training. My morning warm-ups were the fat Man exercises at kitchen counter. Adapted push-ups, adopted dips, lunges and heal raises.
Two minute walk every half hour, I just finished a TRX work out. And sometime today I will do a 20 to 30 minute bike routine. 
I have posted on social media articles from Wayne Stiles blog. Wayne has a desire to link the land of the Bible with our understanding of the Bible. He is just launch a premium website 
Wayne Styles at the base of the
Jordan River
He is developing a virtual tour where he guides us through the locations of interest. If you have been to the land of Israel or would like to go, this is a great place to whet your appetite. In his virtual tour he will take you places that you probably will never go. From what I am seen thus far it is excellent filming production beautifully shot what's lots of good information and practical applications to our life. Stories of The Bible happened in real-time and at real places. His presentations will encourage your faith. His blog is free oh the premium site has a cost. If you would like to travel to the Holy land and get the best information possible from one of the best guides to the holy land become a premium member like myself. In May we will be going to Capernaum. 
If you follow my blog for anytime you know I'm not a salesman. Wayne's site it Is worth it if you would like to see the holy land safely, affordable, and the best practical information anywhere.
I have been consistent on my biking for the last three weeks. Having a training bike with variable resistance pushes my aerobic fitness. I moved from my warm up too harder resistance and I track my heart beat and breathing as a challenge myself. Listening to audiobooks time flies by. There have been several days where I didn't do the biking to only do the my version oh walking the dog before I go to bed.
I know it's better to exercise earlier, but doing an easy bike session is good for the heart and far better than noon nothing at all. Taking a walk for 20 minutes late at night Dr. Kenneth Cooper talking of the benefits of doing this when are day is been crowded, or were traveling, or for some reason have put off our workouts.

Using my stationary recumbent bike, I play my late-night music, audiobooks and at a low resistance level I moved at a easy pace. I do this for at least five minutes. Then right click the resistance to level two and bike another five minutes at an easy pace. Biking for 10 minutes I now have a choice I can push the resistance up to level or I can increase my biking speed. Either way my heart starts pumping as I move for another five minutes. At 15 minutes I make a decision whether to go for 30 minutes or 20 minutes. If I choose 20 minutes I keep my resistance at a level II for three minutes and then the last two minutes I go to a level one and slow my pace. By the time I quit my heart rate is back closer to normal. Feeling good that I did something for my health puts me in a good frame of mind to go to sleep. Some nights I do some slow easy stretching and recall some good things to be thankful about. That is my version of walking the dog. With my cerebral palsy my muscles are more relaxed then if I went to bed was it too much sedimentary day. As you get older you may find going for a walk with your dog help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net