Monday, July 20, 2015

Surviving the beach and summer

Had sun screen, in my Caribbean
swimsuit

I am an old guy. Sometimes that is very liberating. Through the years I am spent easilyat least a year enjoying being in the sun by a body of water or on a tennis court. I did not always listen to mother Sarah who told me to be aware of the intensities of the sun by the ocean. But I did learn a few things. 
The Coppertone tan looks good when we are young. But that tan will show up when we are older like a bad tattoo. 
I read an article about want to do if you forget your sunscreen. The article was about caring for a burn. I'm sure many of you remember putting Noxzema on. Here is the old man's solution too when you forget your sunscreen.
I would rather prevent heart attack then have one. I'm down the road I may not have a choice but at least that's my working philosophy.
I would rather prevent sunburn then get sunburned. So if I forget my sunscreen which is only a partial solution and I I'm at the beach here are a few ideas to think about:
At the beach I usually bring my own sun shelter, an umbrella or one of the creative portable
Her suit looks better, but the burn is not
worth it, have options
shelters you can use. I also bring a towel which I can use for cover. A sun shirt,  a wide brim hat that I can even wear in the water. If you forget your sunscreen enjoy the day in a shirt, under an umbrella, hat and even light pants. If you are going to the water on hot day these sun items will dry out in no time. They will also keep you cool. When my shirt dries it is time for me to go back in the water.

Now I realize all these wonderful sun coverings keep everybody at the beach happy when I'm there. Nobody really wants to see a whale sunbathing anyway. Now you might look better in a swimsuit and I get it, it's all part of the beach. But a sunburn doesn't look good. And all layers of protection that I'm talking about still lets in the sunlight. Bringing covering gives you options. In the heat of the day, 10-4 you can use these coverings to help you enjoy the beach with no negative outcomes. The beach on the ocean is really a desert. Controlling the amount of sun that you have will help keep it healthy and when you're all like me your skin will be beautiful. I can't do nothing about that stupid tattoo, keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net