Wednesday, July 8, 2015

God's protection can come from some unexpected sources.

Protection comes in different ways
God's protection can come from some unexpected sources. Sometimes it takes true grit.
Psalms 121 is a great song of protection. As the Old Testament Jews walked up to Jerusalem from Jericho they would recite this song. This road could be dangerous as there were robbers looking for people to assault and rob. The story of the good Samaritan in Luke 10: 25-37 gives us a great backdrop to this Psalm. The Good Samaritan story happens on this road. The trail takes you through part of the wilderness which criminals could hide. The victim Jesus is parable was traveling down to Jericho. 
We may from time to time find ourselves or our loved ones on our own Jericho Road. Protection we often take for granted. God provides protection in ways we can’t foresee. 
I am reminded in True Grit how the young girl, Mattie saw old Rooster Cogburn as His instrument to help her. The old Marshall wasn't so sure. 

“1 I lift my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net