Saturday, March 28, 2015

It was a good stretch of the legs.

Going from Jericho to Jerusalem Jesus would travel 15 to 18 miles and climb 340 stories. It would take you 5 to 8 hours to walk it depending on your pace and fitness. Along the trail you would go past the spot of the story of the Good Samaritan. Jesus with his disciples would be safe from the robbers that preyed on travelers. Jesus on that final journey would know the outcome of the cross. 
Right now I would be challenged to make such a walk. At 35 or 55 I could. I am amazed recovering from injuries how much more challenging it is to get back to walking conditioning. The good news I am making progress. 
In your Bible reading read one of the gospel's account of the last week. I am looking at Luke 18:34 to 24:52. Read it in a Bible with paragraphs and it should take about 30 minutes. Think about the hard walk from Jericho. Read Wayne Styles blog on that walk. 
http://www.waynestiles.com/the-ascent-of-adummim-a-tough-hike-in-more-ways-than-one/
The physical walk helps us to see the Bible come alive. Each day of holy week Jesus walked 2 miles to Bethany in the early morning and evening. Be blessed, keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net