Thursday, March 5, 2015

I can change my mind, sort of

In my search around the net today there were two articles that caught my attention. One article had to do with avocados. Sometime back I read several articles about the high cholesterol in the avocado. Since I didn't exactly like an avocado it was easy to rule out for me for a beneficial diet. But overtime we have had a chance to look at the avocado and besides antioxidant and in vitamins, the avocado is high in fiber. The avocado is also heart healthy in that it raises the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol. Fiber in the avocado like all natural occurring fiber is good for blood pressure. So I've had a change of mind about the avocado. Depending on what you put in the avocado it can be very healthy for you. Now if I could just learn to like it, which is probably at the heart of the matter for me.
From Cooper aerobics' health blog, Today I Will the writer shared a study that with just a little improvement in our lungs ability to process oxygen we can greatly improve our chances against sudden death. “Cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) is defined as the body’s maximal ability to transport and utilize oxygen at the tissue level.” 
Our best chances of doing this is starting to move a little more. The present guidelines are 150 minutes of aerobic activity a week. That would be five days of brisk walking for 30 minutes. The reality might be that we are not at that fitness level. So we follow our doctor’s guidelines and work at it. Age is also a factor. Because of our age any moderate movement or walking could have big benefits. So we always have to start from where were at and see if we can improve it. There is a chance that our efforts may move out of a poor (CRF) and double our chances to improve against sudden death. If you look at the article and the charts you they will help you see what I'm writing about. Check out the link to see if I got it right.
We know 30 minutes of walking every day is good for us. We know that walking or moving throughout day is very healthy for us. But the reality is we may be somewhere in the middle working on that, so come walk with the fat Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net