Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Well the fat man is back on track - Feels good to walking again

It feels good to be walking again. Eye surgury and the need to heal took longer than expected. Then I had experienced vertigo for about 12 days. But this week I am back walking and I am looking forward to getting back into the daily benefits of two mile or 30 minute walks. That plus a three time a week strength training will feel good.

This summer I did enjoy time reading various books just for the fun of it and continued my studies "Walking with Jesus". I also took time reading about Post Traumatic Stress, and about depression and anxiety. My treatment for depression and anxiety has changed my sleep patterns for the better. For me it is all about working on things that are problems with our lives as not so perfect people and living better.

On vacation I had a great couple days with two different couples that I will will tell you about later and really time where Barb aand I had our own personal retreat. I am thankful to work on my friendships and the times I have experienced. Even when you are down you can do things that enhance your spiritual, mental, emotional health. Life is walking but it is also lived on the spiritual level. As we get older it is time to take each day and somehow embrace it with our sences and mental and spiritual capacities God gives us as we trust Him.

We picked blueberries and some of them were tart. Barb's crust

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net