Thursday, March 25, 2010

beginning of the walk

Four years ago with my wife's encouragement I began the habit of walking at least 30 minutes every day. I changed some of my eating habits and lost about 40 lbs.
I did a yearlong study on the Bible and health and I been learning, writing, teaching and looking at the gospels from the point of view of a walker who travels with Jesus and His band. I have got this crazy idea of taking daily walks not in the Holy Land but in local walking parks in my area. As I walk every day I read a portion of Scriptures following the life of Christ from Dwight Pentecost book the Words and Works of Jesus Christ and AT Robertson's Harmony of the Gospels. As I made my observations I started to dig into the gospels and many other sources. So far I have mapped out the first year of Christ's life. My studies should take me through the rest of His earthly life through the summer and fall, maybe longer.
I want to challenge myself to loose more weight and encourage others in walking with the Lord and walking.
I hope to share a devotional walk that you can experience right in your hometown that will help you improve your health and life with God. Blogging is new to me so in a way this is just the beginning, Come walk with the fat man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net