Sunday, March 18, 2012

Walking with out falling...hoorah!


Trail marker
Impressions of today and a weekend well spent. It is not a bad idea to walk where the are some inclines. great for strength training ab muscles and lower body. It is also a calorie burner and instant aorobics. In the moutains or canyons like you experience here it is not how far you walk but how much energy you spend walking up and down. Our walk today we were on the trail 2 1/2 hours. It takes my body time to warm up then the walk is easier. Maybe I am like a horse going back to the barn?
Water played a part in today's walk. Isn't water sweet on a hot day? I loose plenty of water when I am moving on a warm day. We drank our water on the hike and hydrated on our way back home.
It is still late winter and the trees are blooming at the same time the wild flowers are coming in Usually this time of year the flolour growth in the woods lands are worth seeing. This indian spring we shall see.
An old miner on the way side
How did I do today? I did not fall all weekend, I was careful, I used my walking stick and Barb helped me a few times. While climbing stairs when I got tired on my right side I took a momment to get my breathe. I was then able to walk up the trail with uneven boards and roots hidden in the leaves. Most of you would have no thought at all but I have to break down the task at hand to keep from tripping over an footwanting to drop rather than pick up. View comes when ground is level or I stop to look around. the rest of my time walk is work. Barb looks out for hazzards that I may experience. On these walks there is more to discover so there is more talking. For Barb and I it is walk talk. We are totally into the experience.
Earlier it rained heavily for the brooks and small falls we seen today had water. On the trails took today there were more fit walkers, young and old alike. Being a four mile + round trip sort of difined who would be walking there.
From reading, praying, fine dining, star filled night, hiking with my new friend the walking stick, atmosphere of a logged lodge and  friendly people great weekend. Little kids came our way the whole weekend. I hope parents see in ther kids what we see, active, smart,  full of life and wonder. Yea they will need limits and discipline and no but they also will be ablessing to their parents as time goes by.  Thanks to Barb who likes these kind of adventures. She has benefited from our walks, able to walk with out heavy breathing. With CPI have balance problems and a pride to do it all my self. The stick gives me a third needed point of balance and at a few points Barb gives me a forth. So up and down into the canyons I go. Venturing on the trails at night see the milky way. Some 40 years ago Mark Huber worked with me as we saw miles of the of the canyons very few have see, Mark with your skills you used my bullheaded bavery  to explore...that joy continues. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net