Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Adding to the fat man exercises to help build up muscles for safe walking. Our kids need exercise.

There has always been a notable difference between my stronger left leg in a weaker right one. While it seems my upper legs can gain strength comparable to anybody, my lower legs do not. My observations have been when you have physical disabilities that impair movement or strength, progress is slow. There are two reasons why I don't give up:

  1. If I quit my exercises, even though I do not have a lot of gains; I will quickly lose what I have.
  2. If I quit I will automatically start to increase pain. My experience and many that I talk to report that our muscles are already constantly contracting with CP. If we quit flexibility, strength movements our muscles will increase tightening up and greater pain will result. Next time you see a person with cerebral palsy, realize that person lives with pain every day. The more severe of the disability is the more severe the pain. They will probably never tell you about it. Let's build our compassion!😘
It is a simple formula movement + flexibility = less pain. Since I am a sissy and hate pain, movement + flexibility = less pain and less need of pain pills. Physical therapy like a book are my best friends. Physically handicapped children should earn school credit for their rehab. It should be factored into their P E programs. 
(Schools should offer one hour a day, 20 minutes instructing and doing different fitness ideas and 35 minutes of exercise involving play games such as soccer and basketball and, pursuits such as rock climbing, back packing. We are not for the moment going to be be getting rid of our bus programs and we are less likely to have adults outside forcing perverts back into hiding like trolls so that more kids would be safe, so we better increase recess and PE or pay a big price in health later. The growth in our brains from exercise is undeniable. This growth and health of the brain will improve learning with increased oxygen and circulation. For the most part in over 30 years of observation the last hour of school should be replaced with workouts, games, music, art and social interaction completely free from electronic devices. Mentally the kids and most teachers are spent any ways. If our kids do not move one hour day, we will pay the price. 
We cannot go back to the old days when I used to shovel 5 miles to get to school ðŸ˜². OK I'm exaggerating, it was only one mile of shoveling and it may not have been snow.)
What are the things I try to do when I am confronted new problems  is to pick up some rehab tips. Two moves I picked up to improve walking without falling.
 To strengthen my ability to pick up my legs and prevent falls I learned two exercises I can do on the bed. 
 Each of these exercises and be done with  The  Opposite leg the knee bent.
 
With opposite knee bent lift leg a few inches and move sideways. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net