Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Desk top reminders this winter - goal to help aerobic capacity by 12%

With the use of sticky notes I can record my daily progress. My winter goal is to improve my overall aerobic fitness. Somethings I am already doing.
The fatman exercises, adapted body weight movements: pushups, dips, squats, lunges, heal raises, sit-ups; Hitt recumbent biking 20-45 minutes 3x's a week resistant band workouts 2, 3 times a week.
Adding on off bike days stair work 4 minutes and 4 minute run in place; 10 minute walk - Leslie Sansone, outdoor walk w poles or without. I will be adding knee pads. I know outdoor walking has risks; but I can't give up yet.
Stair workouts and running in place I may add time as with the walking. My immediate goal of 6 to 10 weeks is to improve my aerobic capacity by 12%. These activities can be done around my time of the computer.
All of this stuff has my doctor's consent, both GP and cardiologist. Alternating days biking with walking on stairs gives my knees is a chance to recover. I may find walking in stair work may have to be twice a week and go from there.
Right now biking and strength training works for me. My 10 minute walks right now are three and four minutes at a time. During the day I think many brief walks 30 seconds to a minute. My goal of a 10 minute walk is for practical applications.
I take time to give you a little detail because there are a lot of people who are sedimentary and need to think through how to get moving again. There are also people who are recovering and there are a lot of ways to get back on your feet.
What I am doing is based on my problems with cerebral palsy and mobility problems. Being overweight doesn't help. Taking psychotropic medicine that puts on weight doesn't help either. I have recently taken steps on that front as well. While I take the initiative for these changes it is based on health plans by my doctors and not self medicating.
In the picture are the Lockhorns, like Leroy I hate the scale at the doctor's office. (reality check) DBarb in contrast does not nag. But for many of us we are heavier than we need to be. All of the stickies remind me to move and eat smarter. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net