Saturday, October 22, 2016

We don't often look at balance In the news

It has been a while since I've shared a health in the news report. I have looked at five papers, three from the East, one from the Midwest, and the other one from California. Many times it could be the same article in other papers. I was looking at different articles in the papers. Here are a few articles that struck my interest.
I was California dreaming Reading in LA Times article How to bounce back from a fitness failure Bouncing back is a skill, and you can learn it. David Leon Moore. David is 60 is bouncing back from surgery restarting his fitness program. 
  1. Use reminders
  2. Start slow
  3. Remember the 10% rule. This is important. Don't increase your training by more than 10% from week to week.
  4. Stretch 
  5. Go for it.
  6. Remember why you need to bounce back
  7. Get a mantra - David’s
    1. If It Were Easy, Anyone Could Do It.
    2. Of course, it's not easy. Sometimes we fall.
    3. But we can always bounce back.
We all have to reboot our efforts for health. I have rebooted so many times I could call my blog the fat man reboots. I like that

5 Exercises for Better Balance
By Chris Freytag Some of the exercises may be challenging. The article gives several good reasons for us to work on our balance. I have lived my whole life with unsure balance. As we age many others have more difficulty. In my mind I  put balance in rehab or physical therapy and flexibility. If we work at it we can prevent falls. This is big for me.
Read the article and I would suggest putting in balance exercise for seniors. We can rehab back to walking, gain strength and flexibility as we age. We can also improve our balance. We have a lot to do when we retire. The payoff is we can do things for a long time.
Use a chair or wall for support.
https://www.verywell.com/exercises-for-better-balance-3498203
https://nihseniorhealth.gov/exerciseandphysicalactivityexercisestotry/balanceexercises/01.html


Crawling the new plank. Think of crawling as a full body workout. It gives you movements that may help you get off the floor as you get older. My knees are not up to it but I may try it on an exercise mat and my couch for support to get up and down.
We can lose these abilities and may have to begin with our doctor's perspective.

As we get older there is many things we can relearn as we work at our health. Be in touch with your doctor and yourself to know what helps you. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net