Thursday, October 13, 2016

Getting closer to publishing book.

Well, it is soon to happen. The old man here is going to publish a book.
The book is based on a study that I have done concerning walking with Jesus through the Gospels. The vantage point of the view is at we are walking with Jesus. As he walks from event to event we are there as eyewitnesses. The idea being as you read along, we place ourselves on location with Jesus. I will be focusing on a few things and sharing insights in the study.
Whoever reads along with me I encourage a daily walk. I will share tips regarding health, walking fitness and hopefully worthwhile information & insight into the life of Christ.
I am working on editing but we're getting closer.
With publishing I am a real nobody. Nevertheless I am excited about doing this.
Here's a footnote that I written I think will give us insight into how God put the readers point of view into the story so we can learn from. I really do like Peter, he is so much like me in saying what is on his mind and having to be corrected, rebuked and at times being right on the button. He says and does what everybody is thinking. He is full of life. Here is my note. The context is Mary searching for Jesus when he was twelve in Jerusalem when he was listening and asking questions to the brightest minds in Jerusalem at that time in Luke 2.
In the book foot notes are optional to read. If I put them into the text it may distract from the flow of the writing. Sometimes I think you would like to run down the rabbit hole with me as we do a little digging.
Reeves-when we are studying the life of Christ and we come across something that we don't understand, it may be a paradigm shift, that really makes us think; we should take pause and respond like Mary did and treasure it in our heart. Somethings we will take all of our life to work out, we may have to go home and pray about it, Study it, work it through. Mary's example was what Luke wanted his readers do. Mary is the Watson in the Holmes story. She is the Peter later in the gospels. When Peter interrupts, questions, gives the wrong answer that is the reader responding to what's going on. We act like we know it all, When in fact we may be in the dark. As a reader, student, disciple and even teacher never lose the fact that you're reader in responding to this information in the Bible. Always ask your questions and be aware like Jesus here God responds calmly and patiently to your fears and anxieties.
I hope you let me know what you think. Keep walking.

1 comment:

  1. Writing the first in a series of books where we actually walk and place our selves into the story as eyewitnesses. Should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net