Friday, May 13, 2016

walks with short bursts

I am personally going through a a period of time where it's hard to walk right now because of back pain. It is why I am going to using my recumbent bike instead.
I was looking at a brief article title Four Secrets for Walking to Lose Weight, by Share Care. You can check out the article at the link at the bottom of the blog.
The thing I realized in my own life is the bottom line of losing weight is about 85 to 90% in the diet. If you get your diet right you can get the benefits of walking five times a week with the goal of 30 minutes a walk. 
The new idea in walking is to have short bursts 1 to 3 minutes intervals of fast walking then dial back for a minute or two at a regular pace to recover. When you start this you may need more time to recover. You can't do it wrong it's you walk. You should be able to walk and talk without heavy breathing. 
I have been doing the same thing with biking and I am sure you can do the same thing with swimming. To health…keep walking


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net