Monday, February 8, 2016

In the News stress keys our fight or flight response

http://www.wsj.com/articles/stress-raises-cholesterol-more-than-you-think-1454958788

Every day in my social media connections I get a flow of information about health. Many times it's just a repeat I'll things I've already heard or read. At least once a week I take a look at what's in the health knows in the papers. They're also very good sources on the Internet. But there are a lot of stories on the Internet that need fact checking and can be misleading. 
Most major newspapers now have a video reports that go along with the written articles. If you'd like to see you here your news this can be very good. In health articles many of these reports contained reporters questions any answers from experts. 
I was reading an article in Wall Street Journal concerning stress and cholesterol levels. Stress triggers sugar in our blood that will increase the cholesterol level. The doctor interviewed suggest two things that we can to lower our stress and cholesterol levels.
Thanks to Dee Moore I learned to like the WSJ. I also follow the Tribune, NYT, LA Times and Washington Post. 
“Dr. Kopecky, of the Mayo Clinic, advises patients to think of three things they are thankful for when they go to bed or wake up in the morning, to help reduce stress. 
(In interview he said every 30 minutes get up and move for 30 seconds. This will help improve your blood sugar and help reduced the cholesterol in your blood. A third thing he said in the interview was to find some time in the day several times to relax.”)
The interview information that he gave was not in the article, but it was in the video portion. I know from personal experience that a reporter will not give you verbatim what you may have said an interview, but if you could hear a tape of it, you as a reader could hear the whole thing. I don't think it's a misquote that happens in a friendly article, just a human difficulty of recalling. We tend to write what we think we hear. 

If you haven’t subscribed to electronic newspaper, consider it. Listen to the video reports that you want. The total experience is pretty cool. Keep walking

1 comment:

  1. On the Internet we can enjoy our newspaper and hear broadcast as well. If and be the very best of journalism.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net