Thursday, January 21, 2016

Home improvement's impact on health

We are having a winter that started late this year in one weather expert shared in an El Nino season winters come late but stay cold a little longer in the spring. I really have been enjoying my new windows and the energy savings they have given me this winter. Over the years we have insulated and remodeled the house. I am thankful for the many ways to make come home better. The quality of life experienced in an improved shelter fits into a healthy lifestyle. 
Therapist studies related to light and the ability to avoid seasonal mood changes. Using my bay window for green plants also plays into the health of the house. People have shared dealing with chemicals in the house and its effect upon health. Making a home livable it is well worth the investment. Our health has to improve with a better shelter. 
For those of you who have concern about a green planet my furnace is running less often. 
Consider instead of keeping up with the Jones's, Home improvement can be about improving the quality of your life. There is no guarantee on how long that life might last, but the days and years that we have can be a little better. 
When you have an old house there's always something to work on. There is also only so much you can do at a time. In this regard is much like our health, you can't do everything once but have to taking the day of a time. Recovering our health has its own timetable. If we ignored our problems they can lead to ruin. 
I think this is similar to an old house. If you ignore the repairs a house can go downhill very quickly. A house where you live you are personally interested in making in home. I think that's one of the problem is with rental property is in the responsibility of making it home. Often in those houses going to disrepair within a generation.
The impact of an insulated home on health has to improve the immune system to fight off diseases and sicknesses. If you lived in the tropics like my friend Moses having a home that has good screens on the windows what have to improve their fight against malaria. When I was in Africa I got malaria. My fever was higher then any fever I got from the flu here. If you battled malaria all your life it would have to break down your health against other things. 
Respiratory influenza actually survives very well in the cold Barb told me the other day. Other bugs the cold kills off. 
I've been good with my exercise bike lately. And if I didn't exercise that day I've been listening to audiobooks and cycling 20 to 30 minutes, what I call walking the dog. Dr. Cooper years ago recommended taking the dog out for a walk at night if you had no exercising in the day for a 20 minute walk. He was well aware exercise should be two hours before we go to bed, but doing a walk before we go to sleep is good for the heart and better than not doing nothing.

Doing nothing to improve the quality of our life in our home, like doing nothing to improve the quality of our life and our lifestyle maybe something that we have to work on. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net