Saturday, January 16, 2016

fascinated with toddler's lies

Enter the world of Calvin and Hobbes. The following was a comment I wrote in the WSJ
Fascinating how children think and grow. How blessed is the parent who has a child they fully engage in. For sure we want maturity and good character, but a child who has a engaging brain how exiting. I discovered growing up the old man was up to the task. 
I believe in my children, but at the same time did I believe everything they said? No way, I was a kid once too. 
The ability to separate their thoughts from their parents and to begin to think in terms of protecting their interests, will they get it wrong, of course, but engaging a smart kid is what we all want. 
Give me Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer any day as what will be an honest adult.
Children's transgressions are teachable moments. Understanding how they think is interesting. 
You can read the above article from the Wall Street Journal, Children's Lies are a Sign of Cognitive Progress
What do you think?

   

http://calvinhobbesdaily.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net