Thursday, August 20, 2015

I failed a health test, cool - learned from it

I took a test well Weekly quiz
I failed
The questions I missed two of the answers. I could've made a better connection in my answer. But there were several questions that I miss because the material is new to me. 
#2 a study of older men and women found that walking briskly for this many minutes per week improve scores contest of thinking skills:
75 minutes
150 minutes
225 minutes
Cognitive scores improved with all levels of exercise
My brain shifted to a 150 minutes. That is recommended minutes of walking we should do every week. I did not really read the last choice, cognitive scores improved with all levels of exercise. Had I really read it I would've reason of course that's the right answer.
The good thing is the New York Times gives a reference to the article that supports the answer. So I clicked on and read the article.
The study was done with 101 people divided in four groups. One group doing the same that they have always done. One group walked 75 minutes, another 150 minutes, and still another at 225 minutes. They did this for 26 weeks. The more you walk the more fit you were, but all three groups improve their thinking.

The study is one more study that demonstrates walking may be able to delay dementia. It also helps a healthy brain that is aging to stay more engaged. Delay is good. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net