Thursday, May 22, 2014

Healing of nerves in arm improving - pays to rehab

Couple months ago I fell on the shoveling snow and I hurt the nerves in my left arm and what followed has been a slow recovery. One of the things that have helped me along has been physical rehab and teaches the little movements that I can do to open up the areas where my nerves are pinched and allow inflammation to go down.
Time + not falling + rehabbing as brought my arm back to less pain and greater mobility.
One thing that helps was to keep moving my arm in ways that didn’t hurt. I couldn’t do bicep curls but I could do push-ups.  If you've been following my blog for any time, you have probably a picked up an old theme. But when we injure ourselves it's a good idea to find out what care we can do to help relieve the pain and what we have to do to continue healing. Healing it seems does take longer. And that is both frustrating and discouraging, but when healing begins to be felt, “O happy days”!
But every day that my arms started to feel better, it's certainly help my mental well-being and gave me hope. What things are you rehabbing, helping to heal, and learning to put ice or even a bag of frozen peas on the hurt area and reduce inflammation and therefore also reduce pain. The left arm still hurts but I am 80% there. My doctor diagnosed my arm with tennis elbow. The rehab moves I am doing are similar to exercises I found at WebMD. And the shaking that my arm was doing has subsided. Sometimes I wish I didn't have all these wonderful experiences but I pass them on because it's all part of keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net