Monday, December 4, 2023

The old guy making progress

 

For me, this business cardiac rehab is an ongoing process. Over the last weeks, I have worked with all types of people who are recovering from a heart attack. If you ever wonder who the people doing the rehab are, I want to encourage you because they're just like you. Whatever your difficulties are, the people doing it have the same problems. They all wear
comfortable clothing. They are not like people you would expect at the gym working out to some physical perfection. But they are all encouraged to do as much as possible and, maybe, a little more.

I have noticed that after a couple of weeks, most people are doing more things than when they started. They go from where they are, and in a little bit, they're making progress.

Realistic expectations: When you are older, exercise. Do you feel good? The benefits come a little slower. The good news is they come. Because of the surgery or the putting in stents, you feel better. My time in rehab has helped me push myself while the staff monitors me. The feedback I am getting helps me improve my workout at home. I plan to follow up on the exercises and join the local gym with the equipment I find so beneficial.

The second part of my rehab is my diet. As you know, I haven't lost weight very successfully, but I have lost about 40 pounds at present. My next goal is always 10 pounds less. 

I aim to move from morbid obesity (Nero Wolfe) to obesity. So now I am in the 270s and want to get to the 260s. After I reach that, I will move to the 250s. Each goal will get more complicated. For me, it is unrealistic to think about being 180. I have to do a lot of work before I can think about that kind of number. So, I break it down into smaller goals.

Since the majority of us deal with being overweight, whether it is seen or not, setting weight loss goals Your goals may be different from mine. I have yet to be very successful. But since skilled people have given me a new opportunity, I am re-energized to take advantage of it. So, think about your goal. Not all at once, but a few pounds at a time.

I am still trying to illuminate my bad habits, which makes it possible for me to lose weight. Removing bad habits may be a good name for a diet when we get older. What do you think? Keep walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net