Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Rehab and making progress

I like to share two points of recovery after my heart attack. 

After my heart attack, observing the skill of the surgeons with the angiogram, I decided not to waste their effort. I revisited my weight loss failures and decided to give it another go. The main idea I decided on was to eliminate my too many bad habits. So far it's working. I dropped somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds. And I don't know how much I weighed in the hospital. And I know for sure that I have lost 31 pounds. 

Weight loss is the only variable that may help me manage the type of medicine I take in the future. If I can do it, then it is something I can do to improve my health.

Having a goal that is too large can be unrealistic. It is really about the daily behavior anyway.

I am already starting to fit loosely in the shirts and pants the next size.

The next thing that I would like to share is the rehab program itself. The rehab team monitors your heart through out the workout. And everybody's goal is different. But the one takeaway I have because of the program is the confidence to push the envelope slightly. My at-home workouts have more resistance and are more challenging because of it. There is a learning curve to experience.

Of course, the workouts are not like when I was young. That kind of workout is silly for me to try. But I am working harder and sweating, and my aerobics is starting to improve. The other people in the rehab are pushing themselves more than they would do without. I can match the resistance with my in-home biking and strength training. I also get the benefit of my upright walker in the hospital halls. Not falling is a plus.

30-minute walks, workouts, etc., are like taking daily medication. 

Besides, the work out there are lectures or talks concerning being a cardiac patient. Many of the people had multiple stents and heart attacks. So, I have to continue to listen to my body.

A heart attack is scary, but bouncing back with weight loss and rehab is doable. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net