Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A timely Psalm when you need it

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills."
 Here is a psalm worthy of memorizing. These thoughts are excellent when you encounter trials, troubles, and tribulations from within or without. Say each verse, then close your eyes and say as much from memory as possible. Repeat this exercise for three days. Is it easier to recall the ideas?

No repeat each verse three times and then recall it. Are you closer to Word for Word recall? Do this once a week for a month.

Now read the entire Psalm and try to recall it. Try this for three days. Have you got the Psalm down now? The truth of these verses will come back to you when you need it. It is an excellent exercise for those of us who are seniors. It helps keep the gray cells working.


Psalm 1:21  A Song of Ascents.

1I will lift up my eyes to the hills—

From whence comes my help?

2My help comes from the Lord,

Who made heaven and earth.

3He will not allow your foot to be moved;

He who keeps you will not slumber.

4Behold, He who keeps Israel

Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5The Lord is your keeper;

The Lord is your shade at your right hand.

6The sun shall not strike you by day,

Nor the moon by night.

7The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;

He shall preserve your soul.

8The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in

From this time forth, and even forevermore.


It is helpful for us to review what we're memorizing over time. Having good thoughts from the Bible in our minds helps us to recall them when needed. Keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net