Monday, March 4, 2019

Morning thoughts faith I press on look forward to seeing in Heaven

Spring is soon come. March coming in like a lion did not disappoint. At the moment it is 0ยบ F. Looking out my window it looks like a bright sunny day. Late last night on my indoor recumbent I had a decent workout. The bike with internet workouts help me workout aerobically with either trail or spin class interaction. One day I bike hard than the next day biking the pace of a walk letting my muscles work out with a stretch routine.
My workout tubes are nearby as I will do 1 or two circuits today. Squats, dips, heal raises, sit-ups, lunges give me needed strength.
In the back of my mind I recall the 106 year old Frenchman who bike one to two hours day.  In his case takes a strength program to improve his biking speed. Walking with CP has its challenges. My body fights more these days. With uncertainty I love my cane, travel seat, and scooter for shopping. Falls remain top on my list to prevent.
Routine stuff, "Are you getting sleepy?" I find myself more in a "do it yourself" mindset. Cleaning, chores, helping to unload, use the stairs, move more, pick things up using whatever to keep my balance, just do it. I am a professional manipulator. Most handicap people are.
My quiet time with our daily bread encouraged helping others. Have a mind to do so would be my goal today. One thing I can do is pray for others. I know of people who rather I didn't pray for them, so I do so without telling them. There are far too many I do not know how to pray for them so I trust God to meet their unspoken and unknowable needs on my part not His, for He knows all things. I have a friend who recently loss her battle to cancer. In a call a few months before she passed she never let me know her burdens. For whatever her reason she did not share her burden. I know we will meet again as I go to the Lord in death or in the air at the rapture. The older I get I see death's doorway more likely. His coming has always been in the Father's timetable not ours.
In a growing unbelief today, prayer matters. Simple trust, say it once, leave it at God's feet. Many times our care moves us to repeat the prayer, make it meaniful not ritual. If you are cluttered with it, know that God knows your heart and the need. Prayer is linked to cares of this world but also to the hopes of the next.
I will have CP all the days of my life, so a stretch, workout, bike, swim when I can to fight the tightness CP brings each day, to get more out of this life even as I age. But I also have this hope of heaven where my walk for the first time is easier. You won't see the scissor gate, a shorter weak leg, lack of balance and whatever the condition is here below. Both here by faith and in heaven by sight are very important to a healthy faith. Praying for one another can often lead to actions to help meet those needs. Despite our cynical unbelieving world we need more prayers. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net