Wednesday, October 24, 2018

When I say we had a cool vacation, I mean cool

Barb and I took a week to do a fall color tour in West Michigan. We stayed in a bed and kitchen place one half block off Channel Lake in Pentwater and a block off Lake Michigan. There at Meers State Park it had about a mile of paved bike and walk trail to take in the wonderful views. Our time there was cold and windy, bundled up the walks were beautiful. Our trees this year are turning late and everyday there was more color.
Each day brought different trips based on the weather. Somedays
we explored Manistee National Forest, found a paved bike trail and some cool places to eat. One day we traveled up to Ludington, Michigan and went to the State Park there, great views. I was surprised by the downtown being really upbeat with several good restaurants. Another surprise was a visit to White Pine Village and reconstructed village from the past. I thought it would be a short visit but in had many things of interest to see.
Every night we continued our virtual Tour of the Holy Land with Wayne Styles, creating a retreat as well as vacation. Caping the night listening to mystery as we fell off to dream land.
We had two clear nights to star gaze. The best part of all was sleeping in and being with Barb. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net